Named by Forbes.com as one of the networking gurus of 2015, Susan RoAne is an in-demand international keynote speaker who, for three decades, has shared her message of connection and communication with audiences worldwide; on stage, in print and on the media.
She is the author of the classic bestseller -How To Work A Room as well as several other well-received books. Her clients include Coca Cola, The US Air Force, UnitedHealth Group, Yale University, Apple Computer, Procter and Gamble, authors@google, Stanford University, LinkedIN, The National Football League, — and, her personal favorite . . . Hershey Chocolate!
In this episode Susan talks about how to connect with people in meaningful ways in order to grow your business.
– Susan RoAne
Click to Tweet!
3 Key Points from This Episode:
- When you get the opportunity to attend an event and connect with people, go! Then, follow up with people you meet who you trust and respect, and pay attention to what they have to say. Don’t be afraid to pick up the phone or introduce yourself to people at events. Bring who you are to what you do. Don’t forget to stay in touch with people, even when you don’t need anything from them.
- Be nice to everyone. People’s positions change all the time, and the person you walk by today could end up being the top influencer who can help you next year. When you go to networking events, have a goal in mind, but don’t let those goals blind you.
- Anywhere you go, 80% – 90% of people identify as shy. So instead of thinking, “How can I make myself comfortable,” when you walk into a room, think about how you can make them comfortable instead. If you do that, you will naturally get into a conversation with them and everyone will be comfortable.
Resources Mentioned & How to Connect:
- Secrets of Savvy Networking – Susan’s most plagiarized book 🙂
- Crush It by Gary Vaynerchuk
- Email: firstname.lastname@example.org
- Susan’s Home Phone Office Number: 415-461-3915
- Susan on LinkedIn