As an Author, Entrepreneur and Mom, Mary Katheryn Johnson has created success for over 13 years. A fall while pregnant with her second son landed her with two broken legs, her first book, and business. She is now on her third business helping other Parents create their own family and entrepreneurial freedom through her podcasting, writing, mentoring and online courses.
– Mary Katheryn Johnson
Click to Tweet!
3 Key Points from This Episode:
- Being a parent is one of the best things you can do to prepare yourself to be an entrepreneur. Between how flexible you have to be, how much you have to work, how your family structure changes, etc., the skills you learn as a parent make being an entrepreneur a walk in the park.
- When you’re still in the idea phase of having a business, before you spend any money, take some time to flesh your idea out. Make sure that whatever you want to do is a viable business that will make a return on your investment.
- Don’t worry about the fact that there may be people out there already doing what you want to do. They are not you, and they can’t bring your uniqueness or your personality to the table the same way that you can. In that way, you will stand out from your competition.
Resources Mentioned & How to Connect:
- Mommy Loves
- ParentEntrepreneurPower.com (Mary Kathryn’s Podcast)
- Pat Flynn’s “Will It Fly?”
- Mary Katheryn on Twitter
- Parent Entrepreneur HQ on Facebook