Jill Stanton is the co-founder of Screw the Nine to Five, her and her husband, Josh’s slice of the internet where they teach unsatisfied webpreneurs how to take their business to the next level and make more money, without working more hours. She’s got an inappropriate love for trashy TV, has the mouth of a sailor and isn’t afraid of a tall glass of gin.
“Stop talking at your audience and start talking to your audience.”
– Jill Stanton Click to Tweet!
3 Key Points from This Episode:
- To find guest posting opportunities, type your topic into Google, and then add queries like “write for us” and “contribute” to find guest post submission guidelines for blogs your audience is already reading.
- Focus on building a community. You can start a Facebook group for free, and this allows you to connect with people so you’re talking to your community and are able to learn from them to structure your business and offers.
- You can create recurring income by using the Octopus Method. Create several funnels (the tentacles of your octopus) that start with a freebie and then follow up with specific offers and eventually lead to your main product (the head of your octopus).
Resources Mentioned & How to Connect:
- Under 30 CEO
- Huffington Post
- Laura Roeder
- James Schramko
- Screw the Nine to Five
- Screw the Nine to Five Facebook group