Jane Atkinson has been helping speakers catapult their careers for over 25 years. She started as an agent representing speakers and when her speakers started going from 0 to 80 engagements per year, she became known as an influencer in the speaker industry.
– Jane Atkinson
Click to Tweet!
3 Key Points from This Episode:
- When it comes to getting recognized as a speaker, pick one thing to become known for. When people start to know you for that particular set of knowledge, it makes it easier to launch yourself as a speaker since you’ve already set yourself up as an expert on that topic.
- Before you start trying to sell yourself as a speaker, get crystal clear on what exactly it is you’re selling. Without that concrete vision, you’ll be wasting your time pitching to places to speak at because they won’t really know or understand what you offer.
- When you first start your business, don’t let it run away with you. Instead, design a business that’s perfect for you, and design it in such a way that fits your lifestyle.
Resources Mentioned & How to Connect:
- The Wealthy Speaker 2.0
- Jane Atkinson on Facebook
- Jane Atkinson on Twitter
- Jane Atkinson on LinkedIn
- Jane Atkinson on Google+