Hilary is the host of Profit Boss Radio, a weekly podcast for women and money. Hilary has an MBA, and she’s a Certified Financial Planner. She’s a TEDx speaker, and she’s been featured in the Wall Street Journal, NBC, ABC, FOX, DailyWorth, Forbes and Investopedia. She was recognized as a Top 40 Under 40 Entrepreneur in Silicon Valley. With more than 30 television appearances, she’s the go-to personal finance expert in Silicon Valley for the NBC evening news where they call her “The Investor’s Voice of Reason.”
– Hilary Hendershott
Click to Tweet!
3 Key Points from This Episode:
- Find a medium of communication that works for you. For example: if you’re not a good writer but you do fine in regular conversations with people, maybe it’s time to consider podcasting as your main method of speaking to your audience.
- If you don’t have a lot of money, the first thing you need to do is sell stuff. Come up with a minimum viable product or service, get a few buyers or clients, and get the revenue coming in. Don’t worry about some of the other things like a fancy website or starting a podcast, etc.; focus on finding a way to start generating income as soon as you can.
- When naming your business, don’t name it after your name. When it comes time to sell your business, it’ll make it that much harder to sell.
Resources Mentioned & How to Connect:
- Hilary Hendershott on Pinterest
- Hilary Hendershott on Twitter
- Hilary Hendershott on Facebook
- Profit Boss Radio