Chris is the leading voice of the growing Content Marketing movement in the UK. His pioneering work has helped countless organizations grow through content marketing. His drive comes from a desire to help people break free from the world of interruption marketing.
In this episode, Chris talks about why he thinks work-life balance is a myth… but why that is okay for business owners if you’re doing the kind of work that you love. He also talks about why content is so important and how to use content to network with people from all around the world. Watch now:
“Be present where you are.”
– Chris Marr
Click to Tweet!
3 Key Points from This Episode:
- Get to know everyone! Start a blog, and then network with others. After networking events, follow up with them by sending them great content from your blog that solves their problems. All the content you write, all of your social interactions, etc. should be about connecting with people and helping them.
- Diversify your income. Multiple streams of income to give your business security.
- Work-life balance doesn’t exist for business owners in the traditional sense. Be present where you are. When you are at work, be at work. When you are at home, be at home.
Resources Mentioned & How to Connect:
- Crush It!: Why NOW Is the Time to Cash In on Your Passion by Gary Vaynerchuk
- Content Marketing Academy
- Chris on Twitter
- Chris on Snapchat: ChrisMarr101
- Chris on Instagram